Monday 7 February 2011

Not Going Out

I’ve been struggling with what to write for this post as it’s all been a bit hectic here. Eldest child has Chicken Pox (or Chicken Spots as they have been renamed here) and is off school, youngest doesn’t have it yet but I guess it’s only a matter of time. So with two kids at home and not going out I’ve not had a lot of time to be inspired for the blog.
I have the prospect of 3 or 4 weeks of being confined to barracks as I have to wait until I’m sure the second child either gets the pox or doesn’t, before we can resume normal duties.
This means I’ve got to fill the day with stuff to do at home when eldest would normally be at school and I would be taking youngest to a toddler group or Music Train etc. I’ve printed off some topic cards from the Sparklebox website so I can do Home School with the eldest later and I’m hoping the youngest will be happy joining in or watching a bit of CBeebies!
To be honest it is a little frustrating having to abandon the normal routine, but I guess that’s part of the reason I’m a stay-at-home mum as I do have the flexibility to re-arrange or drop things to look after the kids without having to negotiate time off with an employer.  My baking schedule isn’t too mad so I can still meet my obligations this week but I won’t be able to get out to a useful networking event which is shame.
There, I promised that there might be the odd rambling blog post and here it is! Will try to get really inspired for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment