Wednesday 2 February 2011

Getting to Know You ...

Getting to know everything about you (well me actually) ... Well may be not everything but as this is my first I thought I ought to introduce my self properly.

Well I'm Susan, I'm married with 2 kids and I run a baking business from home. I've not always been in the business of cakes and baking, in fact my background is originally in engineering. After I graduated I spent a few years doing techy things and then switched to sales which I did for a long time until I had my children.

The idea of setting up a baking business came about from spending too much time watching cake videos on youtube. I've been running the business for nearly a year now and its going ok so far.

Why am I writing a blog you may be asking. Well I won't lie to you, my ulterior motive is to raise the profile of my baking business but I also quite like the idea of writing things about what interests me and I think my husband might benefit as I might spending less time wittering away at him and do it in a blog instead!

So what can you expect to read about in future posts? Well there's the baking related stuff like recipe reviews and tips, cake book reviews, details of what product ideas I've got in mind and photos of the stuff I've been making. I'm also thinking about writing about the town where I live which is Hitchin, as its a nice place with lots of interesting people. And possibly anything else that's on my mind at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment